8. What is one big mistake that you have made in your life and what did you do to make it right?
“…You know what sir in my 22 years of existence I can say there is nothing major major, I mean problem that I have done in my life because I am very confident with my family with the love that they are giving to me. So thank you so much that I am here!” -Venus Raj, Miss Philippines
7. What is your biggest fear and how do you plan to overcome it?
“We should overcome all our fears and this in turn would make us stronger. As soon as we overcome our fears, we can face any challenge.” -Gabriela Isler, Miss Venezuela
6. What is the best advice you can give to a man?
“I think when you down the women can make you up, and I think the women can be said that I have advice for you if you way up, you have to be nice with people, including women, so when you down, women can be nice with you.” -Qory Sandioriva, Miss Indonesia
5. If you could be either water or fire, which would you be and why?
“Well, I’m a human being and I don’t know how it is to be fire or water, and from that reason I really don’t have answer on this question because I’m a human being, I’m a girl, who has an emotion, and fire and water don’t.” -Sanja Papic, Miss Serbia
4. If you could remove the swimsuit competition from the Miss Universe pageant, would you? And why or why not?
“It depends on the situation. If it’s gonna be nice, why not? I do feel comfortable in anything.” -Diana Harkusha, Miss Ukraine
3. What can men learn from women?
“I believe they can learn a lot, because thanks to us women, the men are here in this beautiful theatre, seeing this beautiful contest and applauding me because I am a beautiful woman!” – Alicia Machado, Miss Venezuela
2. Pop superstar Justin Timberlake once said that the worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy. What is it about fame that makes many people, including you, want to be famous?
“All the experiences that I have so far in whole, uhm, my, uhm, experiences have given me fame and I feel like famous. There are though other ways to feel famous and to be famous and those are intelligence and also beauty. Thank you.” -Marigona Dragusha, Miss Kosovo
1. If you could make a new law, what would it be? And explain why.
“I think that any leys [Spanish for “laws”] there are in Constitution or in life, are already made. I think that we should have, uh, a straight way to go in our similar, or, eh, in our lives as is this. For example, I’m a surfer, and I think that the best wave that I can take is the wave that I wait for it. So please do our only, eh, law that we can do. t Thank you Vegas!” -Irene Sofia Esser Quintero, Miss Venezuela